Thursday, March 13, 2008

Today's Dockett: Spring Break, MState President & MS Primaries

This week has been spring break. Mostly I've been being lazy, but that's coming to an end. My paper demands attention, even if I don't want to give it. DNA, Wrongful Convictions, and Effects on the Prosecutor here I come!

MState President Notes: Doc leaving hurts MState short term, but he is replaceable. With that in mind, as MState alumni we need to speak with a strong, united voice that our choice for the next MState President is Mark Keenum. Dr. Keenum is supremely qualified and an MState alumnus himself. He finished second behind Doc in the last search. The University Presidency is essentially his dream job. He is capable of continuing the good things Doc started and not pissing off every University faction imaginable. But in order to bypass the corrupt entity known as the IHL, we MUST be united and stand together. We must write, e-mail, show up in person if we must, but we have to let it be known we want Mark Keenum as our President, deserve Mark Keenum as our President, and won't settle for anyone other than Mark Keenum. As the process goes, I'll post more on specific ways to help.

Tuesday was the Mississippi Primaries. McCain, the only Republican left, won. *Shocker* On the Democratic side, Obama won. *aGAIN, shocker* My prediction from 2 weeks ago had Obama winning, primarily due to the heavy black population where he draws massive support. Exit polls showed that was a huge strength for him on Tuesday night. The overall margin was a little closer than I expected, but Hilary still posed no real threat. The more interesting race was the District 1 Congressional seat. Greg Davis and Glen McCullough both ran big and will have a runoff on the Republican side. Either one is a good choice, so I can't really endorse one over the other. I personally voted for Davis, but McCullough is a strong candidate I also like.

Court stands in recess until the next post.

No comments: