Is anyone out there still reading? I've intentionally delayed answering to give time to see if anyone would actual answer the questions I asked. No one did. Am I the only one that cares? Are people too lazy or too apathetic to form an opinion and act on it or discuss it? Anyway, to the answers.
1. Do you believe in the two party system? For me, this is the toughest question to answer. If I'm completely honest, I've got to say both "Yes" and "No." I think the Founders created the 2 party system for a reason. And it worked well for about 100-120 years. But then things went off the skids in the early 19th Century. Both parties have become corrupt. Neither one has really been the party of small government, except for the minor blip on the radar that were the Reagan years. The reason we feel like we don't have a choice is frankly because we don't. I really like a lot of the positions that the Libertarians take. Again, small government champion. But they have no real power. Still, voting for either the Dems or the GOP just continues to feed the big government beast. But that brings me back to "I think the Founders created the 2 party system for a reason." We're at our best when we have 2 strong, different parties. But we don't have that right now.
2. Do you classify yourself as a Republican or Democrat? Easiest question. Nope, don't classify myself as GOP or Dem anymore.
3. If you don't classify yourself as either GOP or Dem, how do you classify yourself? Conservative, Liberal, Moderate, Libertarian, Independent, etc. I classify myself as a Conservative with Libertarian tendencies. Also classify myself as a Reagan Conservative. I want smaller, much smaller, government. It's what the Founders intended. It's when our government works the best. This big government expansion by both parties kills me. The only difference between the parties is on a few social issues, and even that is slowly changing. The GOP is under attack from without by the Dems and within from RINOs like Tom Ridge and Colin Powell. Although I'm with Dick Cheney, I didn't realize Powell was still a Republican, since he endorsed & voted for Obama. Deny it all you want, Colin, but Rush was right. Your endorsement was based purely on race.
I'll try to come back in a week or so and blog on this Sotomayor nomination. As you can imagine, I've got some strong feelings. PLEASE leave some comments if you're still out there reading. I don't want to keep wasting my time here if I'm the only one that gives a damn about this country and the direction it's taking.
Friday, May 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment